The organ was built in 1873 and is the work of John
Nicholson when the firm operated from Palace Yard in
Worcester. It has survived in original condition except for
the introduction of electric blowing, the conversion of the
tracker pedal action to tubular pneumatic and some
minor tonal changes, all completed in 1936 by J W Walker.
The case pipes and Cornopean bass pipes have the appearance
of Walker. The original pedal-board and trigger swell pedal
survived the alterations. Originally the scheme provided for
three additional stops that were never installed, namely a
Great Trumpet, a Swell Oboe and a Piccolo.
The major items
of the organ such as wind reservoir, chests and soundboards
have lasted for 130 years without renovation although they
are now suffering from the effects of fair wear and tear and
as such the organ is to be repaired at an estimated cost of